Windsor Rifle & Pistol Club was founded in 1944. The members fired the first shots on 5th December 1944 using .22 rifles at 25 yards.
The Club used various local ranges but as these gradually closed, the members began building the present range. In 1962, the opening shots were fired by Club stalwarts, Vic Turney and Arthur Bellringer, hence the name ‘The Turbell Range’.
In 1996, following the tragic events at Dunblane and the subsequent ban on civilian pistol shooting, the Club’s pistol section closed and the club was renamed as ‘Windsor Rifle Club’.